At the 19th annual Let’s Dance for the Heart of It! Gala held on November 9, 2019, the Aubrey Rose Foundation awarded 9 pediatric doctors with the Doctor of the Year Award and 1 doctor with the Above and Beyond Doctor of the Year Award. These awards recognize physicians, whose dedication, talents, and skills have improved the lives of countless childhood patients.
The 2019 Aubrey Rose Foundation’s Above and Beyond Doctor of the Year was presented to Dr. Sarat Thikkurissy, professor and director of the Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
The nine 2019 Aubrey Rose Foundation’s Doctors of the Year were presented to:
- Dr. Michelle Burch – Pediatrician, Pediatric Associates of Fairfield
- Dr. Thomas Catalanotto – Pediatrician, Pediatric Associates of Fairfield
- Dr. Richard Grossberg – Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Specialist, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital-Center for Comprehensive Care, Cleveland. Ohio
- Dr. Joe Leanza – Pediatrician, Springdale-Mason Pediatrics
- Dr. Michelle Lierl – Clinical Allergist, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Dr. John McAuliffe – Anesthesiologist in Chief, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Dr. Deborah Mowery – Physiatrist-Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dayton Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Monica Oerther – Pediatrician, Pediatric Associates of Fairfield
- Dr. Jodi Smith – Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Goodman Campbell Brain and Spine part of St. Vincent/Ascension, Indianapolis Indiana
To be nominated, the doctor must be licensed and living in the state of Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana. The nominee should exemplify a good bedside manner, quality, care and service, and has done above and beyond when it comes to caring for their patients. The nominator completes the online form, available at http://www.aubreyrose.org under “Patient Resources,” with a brief explanation explaining why their pediatric doctor should be considered for this award.
Jerry and Nancy Hollenkamp were inspired to create the Aubrey Rose Foundation and the Above and Beyond Doctor of the Year Award after their daughter, Aubrey Rose, who died just a few days shy of her 3rd birthday from chronic lung rejection. “We have worked with a lot of doctors since we started the Aubrey Rose Foundation who are helping families that have children with life-threatening medical conditions. Jerry and I have always thought that there really are silent heroes out there in the medical field, and so we wanted to honor some of these pediatric doctors who go above and beyond in their pursuit to help sick children and also to help their parents as well. There are doctors out there that really genuinely care about their families and care for their patients, and we would like to honor them with this Above and Beyond Doctor of the Year Award.”
If you are interested in nominating a doctor you believe goes above and beyond for his or her patients and their families for the 2020 Awards, please visit http://www.aubreyrose.org/financial-assistance-families/healing-worlds-hearts-program/doctor-nomination-form/ or contact the Aubrey Rose Foundation at either 513-265-5801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back Row: Dr. Michelle Lierl, Dr. Joe Leanza, Dr. Rich Grossberg,
Dr. Thomas Catalanotto, Dr. Michelle Burch, Dr. Sarat Thikkurissy
Front Row: Dr. Monica Oerther, Dr. Deborah Mowery, and Dr. Jodi Smith
Dr. John McAuliffe was unable to attend
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THESE AMAZING DOCTORS!!!