Looking to fundraise for the Aubrey Rose Foundation but not quite sure how to get started? Embrace your voice and impact through a fundraising event. Fundraising events are a great way to raise awareness and advocate for the Aubrey Rose Foundation – and they’re fun, too.
We’ve outlined some of the most important factors to keep in mind when planning your own fundraising event.
1. Choose a Meaningful Organization – The Aubrey Rose Foundation has made contributions in a number of different ways, including scholarships, educational awareness, donations to families and children’s hospitals, as well as the Healing the World’s Hearts Program. The mission of the Aubrey Rose Foundation aims to help families caring for children with life threatening illnesses, striving to lift families from life’s complexities during difficult times. Head here to see more on the impact of the Aubrey Rose Foundation.
2. Host Your Party in Collaboration with an Upcoming Event – Instead of gifts, ask friends and family to donate to The Aubrey Rose Foundation for your birthday, wedding, anniversary, or dinner celebration. Request your guests’ “presence” instead of presents, and encourage them to sponsor your fundraising efforts. This online fundraising registration platform makes it simple for you to invite others to your event and manage your donations!
3. Choose an Event Format or Theme – The best fundraising events inspire others to participate and can evoke an emotional impact on attendees. Select a fun theme for the event that will motivate others to attend and donate! Here’s some fundraiser ideas to get you started:
- Pamper Festival: Spoil your guests with beauty treatments, chair massages, makeovers, and wellness items!
- Silent Disco: No DJ needed! Simply create and awesome playlist and supply your event-goers a headset when they arrive.
- Trivia Night: Have your guests contribute an entry fee and form a team. Prepare a list of trivia questions — added bonus if you provide food!
4. Create a Budget, and Stick To It – When hosting a fundraiser event, it’s imperative to keep to an attainable budget. You want to be left with funds to donate when all is said and done! Set your budget from the beginning and document everything in an Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheet. Even the smallest costs can add up to become a big expense; make sure to keep track of it all! Do plenty of research when searching for vendors, some may be willing to give discounts when working with nonprofits!
5. Market Your Event – Make sure you’re letting others know when, where, and why they should participate in your fundraising event! Create a Facebook event or Instagram page, and share aggressively with the public – the more attendees, the better! In fact, a single share of an event on Twitter generates an average of $8 in ticket purchases. Free design websites will allow you to easily create flyers, infographics, or social media posts to spread the word.